aMBition is an application software program that acts as a Modbus master.
The main purpose of this software is to read variables from any ModBus slave device and display them on the PC in a readable format.
Developed primarily as a utility program to help developers and users of Modbus slave devices or anyone who wishes to use, test and simulate the Modbus protocol.
aMBition is available in 2 versions: Free and Professional, these are features of the licence types:
- Reading data from ModBus RTU devices (serial devices) and TCP via Ethernet
- Configuration of variables and registers to read
- Display of data in a table format
- Possibility of converting the raw data into an engineered value
- Support of char, int, long, float and bits type variables
- Storing device configuration into JSON files
- Export and Import of device configuration form and to JSON files
- Packet optimization reading
- Display and log on file of transmission and reception data packets
- Data logging of each variable at the desired interval time into a local database
- Graphic visualization display of desired variables
- Sending data to remote location (Web portals, E-mails, FTP sites)
- Data validity verification
- Alarming functionality weather a variable exceed thresholds, alarms are sent via Email to a pool of users
- Data logging of variables into remote DBs